Search This Blog

Tuesday 9 May 2017

Public School Vs. Distant Learning

 Hello Everybody!
 This week is my last study week at school in my whole life. In next two weeks I will have only three days of exams and then I will have a graduation June 9. This is the ending of an era. I have been going to a public school for my whole life and I cannot be more grateful for that then I already am now. Those have been the best years of my life and I have had so much fun. In this post I just want to talk about pros and cons of public school education comparing to distant learning which a few of my friends also prefer.
 First, you can make real life friendships which will last forever in a public school. Going to school isn't only about boring lessons, tests and deadlines which stress you out it's also about building relationships with people and learning solve real life conflicts both with teachers and with students. Unfortunately, learning distantly does not offer you that experience which will be very valuable not only in your personal life but also in your career when maybe you'll have to work in a group or try to find a compromise with your manager while trying to maintain good relationships with all your co-workers because you wouldn't want to work in company where everybody hate you. Work isn't really that much different from school if to be honest. Also the discipline at school prepares you to take responsibility and initiative at your future work place. It gives you confidence in yourself.
  Second,  school teaches you to work hard and actually study. And for those students who can't do that school teaches them to use all their power of creativity to get through it. Sadly a lot of distant learning students don't develop any of these skills. Very often their tests and homework are being made by somebody else as a teacher can't check who sits at the other side of the screen. This kind of learning doesn't really give you anything because once you'll have to really understand something at work nobody will be able to send any knowledge into your brain via Bluetooth.
  Third, aside from learning how to learn and contacts school gives you the opportunity to participate in many projects and have excursions, trips and exchange programs. I think that's the most fun thing. I personally have participated in some competitions with my classmates and have received valuable prizes, some of my classmates could get to know the other European countries' cultures by exchange programs and I with other students also could see the variety of our world while having excursions abroad and also within our country. That's a great experience! I wish all of you could have that. Today as we had our last Chinese lessons our teacher has prepared us a video. In the video we saw all the amazing things we did together like celebrating Chinese festivals, having tea ceremonies, cooking, singing, dancing...just everything! This is so precious. So many sweet memories that I am afraid I am about to start crying now and this isn't even our graduation ceremony yet.
  However, of course distant learning has its pluses: mobility, not having to wake up early all the time, bigger opportunity to combine studying and working etc. But I would choose it only if I had to travel with my family most of the time or if I had to work full-time so that I could earn more money for a living or if I would have already started my dream career and wanted to dedicate most of time to that. But please don't choose distant learning if your motivation is to sleep more, always stay inside of the house and study less - that's just not healthy nor good for you.
  Well, I hope I have inspired somebody and that this post makes you appreciate all the priceless experiences the school has to offer to you. It is about so much more than just getting a paper of graduation. Take the most out of your time at school and make the most of your childhood and teenage years because so many people years later regret the opportunities they have missed and you can't turn the clock back.
  Love you,
  Eva x
Yes, I thought a High School Musical 2 picture would sum it up :)

No comments:

Post a Comment