Search This Blog

Saturday 9 May 2015

Review: Girl Online (Book by Zoella)

 Hi Everybody!
 I think you all know who Zoella is and that last year in November she has published her first novel called 'Girl Online'. Last week I found it in my local library and have finally got a chance to read it. I must say I am more than satisfied with this book. Seriously I did not expect it to be SOOO good. And I am not saying it just because I am a Zoella's fan I really mean it.


  This book is about a girl Penny who lives in the UK and secretly writes a blog by the name of Girl Online. And then suddenly because of some circumstances her family must spend Christmas and New Year in New York. There she meets a mysterious guy and everything starts. I do not want to give you way too many spoilers because I am afraid then it will not be so interesting for you to read. All I want to say is that this book is very modern. All the bloggers and teenagers could relate to it. It is written in a very simple and modern language which makes it easier and for me more interesting to read. When I was reading it it really felt like things that are described in the book might have happened yesterday in the real world (so, OK, maybe despite one thing everything was very realistic). There were a lot of interesting turns of events and unexpected things. Zoe really keeps you thrilled during the whole book. There was nothing in this book that I could call 'unnecessary' or 'extra'. 

  The cover is very pretty. And I really liked what Penny says int he beginning when she describes why did she start writing a blog. She says: 'You know when you shake a Coke and then open it and it explodes everywhere? Well, that's how I feel right now. I have so many things I want to say fizzing up inside of me, but I don't have the confidence to say them out loud.' I think all the bloggers can relate to that. This is one of reasons why I write this blog as well.

  Altogether, the story line is very cute and Zoe's style of writing is very attractive(if we can call it that way? It attracts your attention, makes you want to read forward). Characters are very realistic and modern. This book also mentions nowadays problems like mental diseases, disrespectful attitude on the Internet, people that are obsessed with selfies and others. For me it is now the most favourite book after 'The Fault In Our Stars'. So great job, Zoe!

No comments:

Post a Comment